KiwiSport is a New Zealand Government funding initative to support sport for school-aged children. This funding is available, by application, to groups offering new or enhanced sporting opportunities for young people between the ages of five and 18.
KiwiSport aims to:
- Increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport
- Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children
- Support children to develop skills that enable them to participate confidently in sport
KiwiSport Partnership Fund
Application round now open – Closes at midday on Monday 28 August 2017
Sport New Zealand has announced the continuation of the KiwiSport Partnership Fund for one more year from September 2017 to December 2018. As a result of this announcement Sport Canterbury has now opened up a funding application round that will close on Monday 28th August.
A second round of funding will only be offered if there are still funds available after the completion of the August 2017 funding round.
Who may apply?
Sport Canterbury will consider applications from schools, clubs and/or community organisations who deliver sporting opportunities in the Canterbury and West Coast regions. We welcome quality projects that show significant community need and impact with the aim of increasing the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport.
Things you should know?
Please access the Canterbury KiwiSport Regional Partnership Fund Plan below for detailed information about the requirements, priorities and funding considerations that your application needs to address to be considered for approval.
Projects need to highlight the relevant funding stream(s) which are being applied for. These include:
- Coaching and Officiating
- Fundamental Sport Skills (for school years 4 – 6)
- Youth (for school years 7–13)
- Learn to Swim
- Community Sport Coordinators
Your project rationale and description needs to provide evidence of and an understanding of participant needs and interests.
Alignment to current Health and Safety legislation and the Vulnerable Children’s Act is also essential. For more information go to: childrensactionplan.govt.nz/legislation
Sport NZ have provided direction to RST's that funding be prioritised into initiatives outside curriculum time.
Priority will be given to projects that;
- Focus on school co-curricular and extra-curricular sporting opportunities
- Address low participation groups (including teenage girls)
- Enhance or extend best practice programmes/approaches (including physical literacy)
- Address drop off rate of young people participating in sport from School Year 9 – 10
- Provide for alternative/non-traditional options for young people
- Delivers quality opportunities out of school curriculum time
- Builds connections between school, clubs and community organisations
Applications we will not fund include:
- Projects that are considered business as usual
- Sport facilities and other capital works
- One off events/and or event sponsorship
- Funding for individuals/teams to travel to tournaments
- Funding for sports equipment and transport costs unless there is a direct correlation to project outcomes
How to Apply?
Please take the time to read all relevant information around the application process, including funding requirements outlined in the KiwiSport RPF Plan. This is located on the Sport Canterbury website www.sportcanterbury.org.nz
For any further information or advice please contact email@example.com
Please complete all sections of the application form either online or hard copy via email and submit by midday on Monday 28th August.
Please use the following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Kiwisport2017
Application can be edited until you complete the survey.
Through KiwiSport funding, local sporting and community organisations have been enabled to deliver programmes in schools and the local community. Please see KiwiSport Funding Allocations 2016-2017 for the list of all KiwiSport initiatives supported by this fund for 2016-2017.
Find out more about Canterbury KiwiSport programmes available in schools.